Sunday, November 11, 2012

Post #2 nov 5-11

Commitment and love are both things you need in a serious relationship. I believe that love is easy to fake, but you can't fake commitment. My last relationship was long distance and love was present but there was no commitment. My boyfriend would tell me he loved me but would never make an effort to talk to me or to come and visit. My friends would always say that I was lucky because they could tell he loved me, but they didn't know how hard it was to have someone who didn't put the time and effort into our relationship. I believe that commitment is the most important thing in a relationship. When someone shows they're committed to you it can also show how much they care and love you. When someone is committed to you cheating and lying will not be present in the relationship, adding love to that relationship would make it a whole lot better.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post this week, it was really relatable. I also agree that both love and commitment are necessary in maintaining a healthy and successful relationship. Doing the long distance thing can be really tough. I’ve seen one of my friends was in a long distance relationship and he lived in Mississippi. She was so blinded by love that she was the only one who couldn’t tell that he was cheating on her. It was so obvious and we tried to warn her multiple times, but she was convinced that because he loved her, he was committed to her. I think you can have love but be unfaithful for selfish reasons; which is exactly what he did.

    ReplyDelete