Sunday, September 30, 2012

Post 2 week 24-30


After reading “Listening is a 10 part skill” I realized how important listening actually is and all the different ways people listen. I learned that while listening to someone speak you need to give yourself guiding questions to actually learn something and hear what they are saying. One part to listening is “judge content, not delivery,” this means that you listen to what is being said and not who or how they are saying it. This is very true because if an attractive guy were to be speaking to me all I would be concerned with is how cute he is. His words wouldn’t even mean a thing. I have a hard time with number 7, which is “resist distractions.” My main distraction is myself because I think too much; my thoughts over power my brain. If I am listening to someone and music starts to play I will easily be distracted and probably start singing the song in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment